We are a home staging company serving Flower Mound, Lewisville, Highland Village, Southlake, Coppell, Carrollton, Denton, Argyle, Keller, Roanoke, Grapevine and other surrounding North Texas cities.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Question of the Week

by Debra of Staging Matters

Should I turn a bedroom into an office?

This is a question that I have gotten a few times lately.  In the North Texas area it is estimated that much of our workforce utilizes a home office.  Living and working in DFW has lots of perks but sitting in traffic on your way home to Southlake or Coppell is not one of them.  For this reason more and more professionals are starting to work at least some of the time at home. I think it is a good idea to stage an office if you have the room.  My rule of thumb in most family oriented communities is that if the home does not have a designated office and it has more than 3 bedrooms then yes I will stage an office.  When staging a bedroom as an office I will not go over board as I want the buyer to be able to imagine a 4th bedroom as well.  I will usually put in a leggy desk (takes up less visual space) and some sort of daybed or futon.  This helps people see all the possibilies for the room. 
In general if you are unsure about how to stage an area of your home ask a Professional Stager in your area what is most desired in your neighborhood.  We are trained at helping you get the best return on your investment (ROI).