- Remove every item from every surface. Completely empty the room of rugs, accessories, products, towels, dryers, plungers, toilet lid covers, trash cans, scales ....everything. Start with a completely blank slate.
- Clean, clean, clean. Kitchens and bathrooms must feel like no one ever really uses them. These 2 rooms must be over the top clean.... No one wants to buy a used bathroom.
- Pick a contrasting color for towels and one bath mat. If your bathroom is dark; pick white. If your bathroom is white pick a gorgeous gold, green or black. This is a good time to invest in some new "show towels and a rug".
- Add a stack of folded towels to a surface (side of tub or countertop, etc). Place towels like you imagine a 4 star hotel would.
- Add one nice piece of art. Be sure it is reflected in the mirror.
- Add a plant or greenery to either the tub area or the countertop.
- Replace any outdated fixtures and towel bars.
- Add one decorative element or grouping. This could be candles, glass vases with cotton balls, a lovely tray or a loofah and sponge.
- Stop. Make sure that the bathroom looks "spa like" and stop.
- Create your system for adding and removing products daily. Consider putting your shower products in a bucket and storing the bucket under a sink when you aren't actually in the shower.
Ven House Now and Then
4 hours ago